Monday, June 24, 2013

For the Emperor! Projekt: Ultramarine Incoming!

EDIT 05-08-2014: Due to unforeseen circumstances over the past year, I had to get rid of this case before I was able to do any modding to it. I WILL revise and then continue it, along with my son, but I'm unsure exactly how soon that will be. Thank you for looking, and I hope to very soon entertain you with the updated projekt!

Hey there folks!  I'm really stoked to finally have the opportunity to announce this.  My son and I have been trying to decide for awhile now on what the set theme should be for his new PC, and ultimately he chose Space Marines + Ultramarines!  For those out of the know, the Space Marines and Ultramarines are from the tabletop miniatures game (and now multiple video games as well, novels, etc.) from the fine folks at Games Workshop.  For now, this is a teaser of what's to come.  I'll keep you posted here, as well as elsewhere, so keep your eyes peeled.  Ultimately, I'm looking to hopefully get the chance to check out those awesome Alsa Corp products with this mod, but I make no guarantees.  Might be a good time to experiment though.  ;)  Anyway, feast your eyes...




...and here are the pics of the case to be modded; it's already stripped down and cleaned up.





























 




Well, that's it for now folks, but there's more to come soon enough!  Have a great day and... getcha mod on!

Update #1 - June 24th, 2013.
I couldn't go to sleep, as I've been brainstorming about this all night, hehe, and so far this is the first concept image I've come up with.  Feel free to let me know what you think.  It's not final, of course, especially since I'll be going over all of it with my son for final yea or nay, but it's some major progress from nothing, lol.  Compare it with the pic of the front bezel (shown above), for a good idea of what all is different and how.


Well, that's all I got for the time being, but there's LOTS more to come soon.  Thank for looking in!

Update #2: June 26th, 2013:
Hey folks!  If by chance you're still interested in where this is going, I have a small treat for you.  It took me a good deal of time to whip this up in Gimp, especially the custom Crux Terminatus - shout out to Toby "toby1kanobi" Kirkby for reminding me of what that was called - which was almost 100% completely custom and took a good while to do with my keyboard and mouse (yeah, I still can't yet afford to buy a graphics tablet yet, but I'm working on it!).  At least these things are awesome quality and have killer accuracy, especially nice is the mouse's easy on-the-fly dpi adjustment!

Anyway, before I get to rambling any more, I present to you the latest image of this PC mod's concept designs...


Until next time folks, get out your rotary tools, files, sandpaper and paints... it's moddin' time!

4 comments:

  1. I have not seen a straight vanilla case in a while – this should be interesting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually have a decent stash of them, but only 2 just like this one. I've worked with this same model before (back in 2004, lol), and it was an interesting case to work on. That one got a cheapie rush job though, whereas this one will not. Thanks for checking out my blog and this mod log!

      Delete
  2. Keep it up - will check back for progress (Y)

    ReplyDelete

Feedback goes here: